Scion today announced the winners for their "Motivate" program, which attracted young entrepreneurs from around the US and from a variety of different career paths. The 10 winners each won a Scion vehicle, Scion accessories, $10,000, and career mentoring as part of the Motivate Program. The winners reflect the program's focus on the creative arts community, and include a nonprofit music program leader, documenatry filmmaker, and a graphic designer.
The program started back in October, and drew applications from all over the country that described a variety of entreprenuerial goals and dreams centering around art, fashion, music, and film. 50 semi-finalists were invited to Santa Monica, California to participate in a 3-day workshop where they worked with leading entrepreneurs on developing their business dreams.
The 10 winners of the 2013 Motivate program are:
- Jahmal C. of Chicago, an author and publisher
- Jeff P. of Denver, a backpack manufacturer
- Kate B. of Portland Ore., a co-owner of a touring theater company
- Lily S. of Dallas, an owner of a graphic design and letterpress company
- Peter K. of Villa Park, Ill., a digital music magazine publisher
- Philip G. of Nashville, a nonprofit music program leader
- Reed G. of Annapolis, Md., an artist and import retail store owner
- Roseli I. of Oakland, Calif., an import accessories business owner
- Tobi A. of San Francisco, a custom wood product designer
- William T. of Chicago, a documentary filmmaker